VELCON 1.5” NPT VF61E Aviation Filter Housing and Element
The VF-61, and VF-62 are versatile filter housings designed for use with several different high performance Aquacon filter cartridges, as well as a variety of paper filters and coalescer/separator cartridges.
Aquacon cartridges filter out water by chemically locking it into layers of super-absorbent media. Water removal efficiency is not affected by common surfactants or additives. Water capacity is as much as 11/2 quarts, depending on the flow rate. These cartridges also effectively filter out dirt, rust and other particulates.
As a cartridge reaches its water-holding limit, the media expands very rapidly and restricts the flow. For oils and other high viscosity liquids, the pressure drop will rapidly increase, signaling the need to change cartridges.
The VF-61, with ACO series cartridges installed, has become the standard for low flow rate full flow aviation fuel monitor applications.
Use the VF-61E with band clamp closure for areas with limited space.
- Free and emulsified water to less than 5 ppm.
- 1/2 micrometer particulate removal.
- Provides protection against “slugs” of water.
- Pressure increase signals cartridge change.
- Use with existing filter housings.
- Jet Fuel
- Motor Gasoline
- Diesel Fuel
- Biodiesel Fuel
- Insulating Oil
- Hydraulic Oil
- Lubricating Oil
- Selected Solvents
Filter Housing VF-61, VF-61E, VF-62
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 150 psi.
- Inlet/Outlet Connection: 1½” NPT.
- Closure Seal: Buna-N O-Ring (P/N G-0986).
- 1/8” brass petcock vent valve and ½” drain valve.
- VF-61, VF-62: Die cast aluminum head and closure clamp assembly; carbon steel shell with epoxy coated exterior and interior.
- VF-61E: Die cast aluminum head; stainless steel band clamp; carbon steel shell with epoxy coated exterior and interior.
- VF-61: 10 lbs., Shipping Weight: 12lbs.
- VF-61E: 8 lbs., Shipping Weight: 10 lbs.
- VF-62: 16 lbs., Shipping Weight: 18 lbs.
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 200°F.
- Collapse Strength: 75 psi (5 bar).
- pH Range: 5 - 9.
- Nominal Filtration Efficiency: 98%.
- Specify Model VF-61, VF-61E, or VF-62 Filter Housing.
- Unit is supplied with G-0986 Buna-N O-Ring and 1/8” valve and 1/2” drain plug installed. 1/2” petcock drain valve is shipped loose.
- Cartridges are not supplied and must be ordered separately.
- Viton O-Rings (P/N G-0986A) are available but must be ordered separately. They are recommended for gasoline and solvent applications.
OVER PRESSURE PROTECTION:
When exposed to a high concentration of water, the differential pressure across an absorbent cartridge (AC, ACO, AD, or ASL Series cartridges) will immediately increase. Pressure bypasses or other means to limit the inlet pressure to 75 psi (5 bar) should be installed to prevent cartridge from collapsing.
DOWNLOAD THE DATA SHEET FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION