Self Bunded Tanks VS Single Skin Cylindrical Tanks
The DANGERS and DIS-ADVANTAGES of a Single Skin Cylindrical Tank:
The above image is an all to common site of a tanks with extreme environmental contamination. These installations does not comply to the regulations and is dangerous to the employees. It is also permanent fixtures, expensive to build and cannot be re-located easily if needed.
- These single skin fuel storage tanks are not safe or environmentally friendly!
- They should stand in a fixed bunded area – any leak will soak into the soil and contaminate.
- With full exposure to the elements, tank integrity and durability is compromised.
- They are semi-permanent – expensive and time consuming to re-locate if necessary.
What is a Self Bunded Tank?
A Self Bunded Tank (also called a Double Wall Tank) is a Tank within a Tank. The Inner Tank will serve as the Storage Tank and the Outer Tank will serve as the Bund Area. This means that a permanent built bunded area is no longer necessary. The Bunded area will hold 110% of the Inner Tanks volume.
The Advantages are endless!
All PETRO Self Bunded Tanks are a true "Plug-n-Play" solution with almost no pre-preparation needed. All that is needed is power and a flat surface.
- There is no need for a bund to sit the tank in – so no contaminated rain water to test before releasing.
- No requirements for any other bunding at site.
- The minimum ground preparation is a hard level compacted service to sit the PETRO tank on.
- Here you can drop a fully assembled PETRO tank/ system on the ground with pumping equipment ready to use – just connect air or power.
- PETRO systems are factory assembled and wet tested – any wet test issues are addressed before the customer receives the tank.
- PETRO tanks are transported as a shipping container by ship, rail or road transport.
- PETRO Tanks are in-expensive, fast and easy to re-locate.
- The barrel of the tank has full under tank visuals – PETRO tanks are shaped not to pool water.
- PETRO tanks can be linked together to increase storage if needed – a 110,000 litre tank or 10 x 110,000 litre tanks all connected together (Tank Farm).
- PETRO tanks are cyclone rated – can be easily fixed to the ground – easily moved to the next site if no longer needed.
- The dispensing equipment can be installed within the tanks weatherproof lockable pump bay.
- PETRO tanks are used by mining, rental companies and project companies where the requirements for fuel and oil storage are temporary during construction.
- The same tanks can be applied to a fixed installation on a customers site.
- PETRO tanks can be used for the following storage solutions: mining, aviation, marine, rail, road transport, oils, waste oil and chemicals.
- PETRO tanks are UL142 rated, the highest testing level available for storage tanks.
- We use marine quality paint on our tanks – all tanks come with safety signage.
PETRO tanks come in all shapes and sizes to suit your needs!
We manufacture different styles of Self Bunded Tanks with various capacities to suit your needs. We deliver, install and commission!
PETRO also manufactures Multi-Compartment Tanks to store multiple liquids in one Tank with separate-standing Pump and Dispensing Units.
PETRO Tanks can easily be connected to each other to form Tank Farms where large volumes are required.