ELAFLEX Flanged Rubber Expansion Joint - ANSI 150# Range
Rubber expansion joints / compensators are used as flexible connectors within pipe systems. Rubber expansion joints are single sphere type rubber expansion joints within swiveling metal flanges. The high quality bellows are produced in a mould. They are used to absorb tensions caused by temperature changes (thermal expansion), and equalize structural settling such as basement subsiding or ground movements.
Recommended for Hydro-carbon products with less than 50% aromatics.
- Suitable as a pipe insert / expansion piece to facilitate inspections of valves or other devices.
- Perfect noise dampeners and ideally qualified to reduce vibrations. The major part of the piping’s structure-borne noise and the low-frequency noise generated by fluids is eliminated.
- In fluid handling systems it is often necessary to make allowance for pipework expansion, vibration and slight misalignment.
- A multi-purpose solution to many of these problems is the Elaflex rubber expansion joint.
- It compensates for stresses arising from these thermal variations or misalignment, substantially dampening vibration from associated plant such as pumps, compressors, etc. preventing the transmission of objectionable noises.
- Available in a variety of synthetic rubber qualities and flange configurations, it has colour strips for identification to differentiate all commonly used fluids.
- If required, PTFE liners can be installed for aggressive chemicals.
- Ancillary fittings include limiting stirrups for use with standard flanges, limit rods and custom-built flanges, flame protection covers, internal support rings for vacuum duty.
- Rubber expansion joints have been proved in service for many years and are approved by a number of Authorities.
- PETRO stocks the TW YELLOW range which is commonly used on aircraft refuelling units (see below for related data) – 80 & 100mm.
Tube: Seamless Nitrile NBR., oil resistant for temperatures up to + 100ºC
Cover: Neoprene, electrical-conductive, oil resistant and weatherproof.
Flanges: Forged aluminium Flanged ANSI 150#.
Electrical Resistance: EBetween 1k Ohms and 1Meg Ohms.
Max. Working Pressure: 10 Bar.
Test Pressure: 16 Bar.
Contact PETRO industrial's team of bulk fuel storage and dispensing specialists for more information today!